Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Goals are not being tracked accurately

I have sent an email to the support team but am getting no response, so posting it here in case anyone can help us:

We have used dynamic goals in our application to track when users click on certain links. An example of the way we have added the code to track this goal is as follows:

clicky.log(window.location.pathname+'#offeredStreetTurnToReceiver'+userName, userName+': Offered Street-Turn WO To Receiver', 'click');
clicky.goal('Street-Turn WO Offered by:'+userName, '1');

Unfortunately, we are finding that not all goals are being reported correctly. For example we know (based on the work-flow of our site,) the user has clicked on a link to get to another link etc, but that click was not reported as a goal for that user.

Can you please advise why goals are not working as expected - at this point, we don't know if we can rely on Clicky for analytics as we are getting inconsistent results where sometimes it seems to report all clicks and sometimes it does partial reporting etc..

This is extermely important for us so please let us know your advise at your earliest opportunity.

Anyone know why our goals are not getting tracked all the time?

Posted Thu Sep 6 2012 11:01a by iasdispatchana***

Was the visitor recorded at all?

Visitors with JavaScript disabled won't be tracked therefore the goal will not be tracked. Also on the page you track the goal is it possible to click away quickly? It is possible the user may click elsewhere before the clicky code has time to load.

We have started to notice regular customers who know the purchase process so well they are clicking through links before pages are completely loaded.

Posted Thu Sep 6 2012 2:45p by servertas***

Our application is javascript-enabled - Javascript is enabled for all our customers. Also, we are getting some events and logging but not all.

Secondly, we don't understand your comment of 'clicking through links before pages are completely loaded' - what does this mean. Our webpages are fully loaded before we allow a customer to click on links or do any action.

It doesn't make sense that some events are tracking for some users and not for others (it's generic logging and goal-setting for all users.)

Anyone at Clicky Support who can help us - this really sucks! We have paid for your service and we are not getting any help!!

Posted Thu Sep 6 2012 3:31p by iasdispatchana***

For the last weeks the tracking with Clicky doesn´t show all the visits on my blog. My other counter on the side shows many more hits. It used to be almost the same numbers but now there´s a big difference in numbers. Why? I haven´t changed anything!

Posted Fri Sep 7 2012 12:49p by Bibac***

You must be logged in to your account to post!